Are you a very busy person? Many customers, many projects? Exciting private life? Many social engagements? Children? Spouse?
Do you feel sometimes overwhelmed by all these?
If that’s you, you will love this episode. Today I’m sharing with you how I handle my busy life and make it joyful and effective.
Why I Wake Up Early?
I started waking up early with the birth of my second child. She was breastfed. So I got to wake up thanks to her. Every morning, I was awakened by the call of love of my little one. It was a time of love and gratitude. The time that I spent with her breastfeeding every morning was very meditative. I would feel deep gratitude for all the wonders in my life: her, my husband, my son, myself, my mother, my father, my wonderful family, my beautiful house, my life, my work, my customers, my products, my books, my challenges, my future… Connecting with this long list of wonders to be grateful for filled me up with energy every morning. With this energy I started my fitness routine right after the morning breastfeeding.
That was all the ritual at that point: breastfeeding, gratitude and exercise. Little by little I started expanding it. I included a glass of water with lemon drops, followed by a high protein breakfast. I included the reflection on the successes of the previous day and the outcomes I wanted to see at the end of each day.
The results were staggering. To start, I saw 30 kilos of weight vanishing, plus the flattest tummy I’ve ever experienced. I also experienced an increased energy level that allowed me not only to get things done, but to enjoy the process as well. The cumulative results were staggering. I was able to grow my practice while caring for my family.
Why waking up early?
- The end of Stress. By waking up early, you’ll say goodbye to stress for good. Instead of running through life never able to catch up, you’ll be in control. Instead of being driven by life, you´ll be on the driver seat. By waking up 2 hours in advance you´ll be able to break the stress cycle and finally be in control of your life.
- 100% perfect days. What if your days were exactly as you envision them? What if your days were a mini version of your ideal life? When you wake up early, you will have the opportunity to ask yourself: what kind of life would I like to experience? How can I make that happen today? With the clarity of the morning, you’ll have the wisdom to find the right answers for you.
- The Wisest Guru. The noise of the world doesn’t allow us to connect with the wisest guru: our higher self. When you wake up early, you will have the opportunity to connect with your best adviser. You will have the opportunity to journal: clarify your goals, simplify your life, eliminate temptations, express your genius, just feel great.
- Productivity/Creativity/Learning. The silence of the morning is the perfect environment for the birth of creative thought. The early morning is the most productive time of the day, as your brain is rested. All neuronal pathways have been re-energized during sleep. You will be able to think faster and be more focused. When you wake up early, you’ll see that the most critical work will be done during the first half of the day.
- High energy. Our body perform better when they are synchronized to the circadian rhythms. These are the physical, mental and behavioral changes that follow a roughly 24 hours cycle, responding mainly to darkness and light. When we are aligned to these rhythms, our energy and efficacy rises.
- Health. Body mind and spirit health is improved by early rising. You will be more cheerful, indeed less likely to fall into depression. You will be less likely to develop overweight or diabetes.
- Improved sleep. As your top performance will be in the first half of the day, it is much easier to wind down at night. You will see that your productivity grows and therefore fall asleep with more ease and less worry.
What can you do during this extra time?
- Make it a gift for yourself. Make this time YOURS. This time is for you. This time is to make your life amazing. This time is to make each one of your days a master piece. Get excited about it. I know that at the beginning it will be a challenge. You might be thinking “my bed is so warm, why should I leave such a lovely place?” Give a compelling answer to yourself: I’m waking up to make my life amazing. I’m waking up to have a date with the person I love the most in my life: ME!
- Take advantage of it. Don’t waste this time. Don’t open your pc. Don’t open your email. Don’t clean the house. This time is for you to catapult your day into greatness. What could do that? Ask yourself, with your hand on your heart, what would be the best use of my morning today?
- Center Hour. I talked about this in a previous episode. The center hour is a time that you can use to catapult your day into greatness. Some of the powerful things that you can do is to list (and more importantly to FEEL) all what you are grateful for, exercise, acknowledge your successes and make a plan for your day, one that is aligned with your soul objectives, with how you would like your life to feel.
- Breakfast. Having breakfast within the first 90 minutes of waking up has major health benefits. If this breakfast is high in protein, you’ll have tons of health benefits, among others losing weight, regenerating your brain and giving a positive boost to the hunger controlling hormones.
Back to you
Now, I would love to hear your wisdom.
Are you in the waking up early club?
Yes, what do you do in this precious time? What has manifested into your life thanks to this habit?
No, what is blocking you?
Thank you very much for reading, watching, sharing, commenting! We are building something amazing: the Heart Centered Economy.
To your brilliance,
Featured image by Zach Dischner