One of the most terrifying monsters sabotaging your success and happiness is called: guilt.
The dictionary definition of guilt is,
- Guilt, from O.E. gylt “crime, sin, fault, fine, debt,”, derived from O.E. gieldan “to pay for, debt.” The mistaken use for “sense of guilt” is first recorded 1690. “Guilt by association” is first recorded in 1941. “Guilty” is from O.E. gyltig, from gylt.
There are so many kinds of guilt. Guilt of success. Guilt for association. Guilt for omission. Guilt for choosing between 2 evils. Survivor’s guilt.
In my experience guilt is the opposite of love. In other words, guilt is the mirror of love. If you feel guilt, you are called towards love. In fact, I would go so far to say that if you feel guilt, you are loving. Because you see there is just one kind of people who don´t feel guilt: the psychopaths. Psychopaths don’t have ability of empathy, in other words, of love.
Years ago I committed a mortal sin. I was truly terrified. I was about to quit church because I thought God would never forgive me. A great friend of mine introduced me to an amazing priest. I asked to have confession with him. I told him the story of my mortal sin. I told him of my fears. He burst in laughter. He told me that God already moved on. He already forgave me. The only thing needed was for me to forgive myself.
That’s the philosopher stone that transmutes guilt into gold, into love: forgiveness.
Here you have a quick, yet powerful series of questions you can use to transmute your guilt into love, self/love, universal love,
- What has this forced me to do/be?
- If this didn’t happen, who would I be?
- What has this enabled me to do/be?
- Is there something good in it? for me? for others?
Now you have transmuted your guilt feelings into something new. Let’s see what is born from here.
Share with us what happened after you used these questions. What shifted. Where the gold showed up.
PS. If you are ready for help contact me, I’m waiting for you. My hand is ready for you. I’ll be delighted to meet you. Just email me at email@example.com