Entrepreneurship is more than ever the toughest spiritual boot-camp. It’s a great mirror of our spiritual awakening, our relationship with money, our self-worth, our true beliefs on abundance (time, money, love, customers). When we promote a new product, we are promoting ourselves. We’re sticking our neck out, taking a stand for what we believe. There is no logo to hide behind. There is not boss who is at fault. There is no corporate policy to blame. We are the driving force of our venture. We are the driving force of our Lifework. No one else can do it!
The spiritual boot-camp of entrepreneurship is like constantly trailing the Himalayas: climbing a mighty peak, enjoying the top, controlling the descending path, resting in the valley, preparing for the next climb and this over and over again. How to find your smile every single time? How to keep challenging yourself to conquer the next and the next and the next peak?
Guess what? I have a 5 step process to joyously guide your enlightened entrepreneurial quest! A 5 step process that guarantees success and enlightenment with a smile.
1. Visualize. Every morning before you wake up connect with the vision of how life will be when you’ll enjoying the “top”. Imagine how you will feel when you reach the success that you ambition. Who you are talking to. What you are wearing. What the temperature of the room is. What colors you see. What smell you perceive. Try to make your visualization as sensorial as possible. Observe it all as if it was true now. Every day you will receive new information on details of your project that will ease your decision making. Every day your confidence and certainty on the success of your project will grow. To make your visualization successful it is of utmost importance that you enjoy it! Immerse yourself in your image of success, let it sink, let it grow in you, every morning, every morning, every morning.
2. Upside down planning. Don’t plan with the vision of getting done all what is in your to-do list. Plan up side down. Start with the vision of what you want to see happening in 5 years. Describe it in detail. Specially describe which variables give evidence of your success. Then start thinking backwards. What would need to happen in 4 years, in 3 years, in 2 years, this year, this 6 months, this quarter, this month, this week, today. You’ll be amazed that the daily actions that you’ll end up with will be easy and comfortable. If you really divide the BIG task in tiny manageable steps, you’ll climb the mountain with ease and joy.
3. Ask for help. At some point in your planning, it’s possible that you get stuck on something you don’t know how to do or you don’t want to do. This is the time to create an intention. Ask for the Universe to take care of that. You’ll see people appearing in your path with the answer. Don’t let them just pass! Grab the opportunity! We are in the age of interconnectedness. You alone cannot produce the transformation that you want to see in the world. You need to cooperate with others. Others will be able to support you with the things that you’re not good at and still need to be done. More importantly invest yourself in the relevant mentor for you. See in which area of your spiritual bootcamp you need help: beliefs, fear, strategy, tactics… Accept that you need help, see your mentor appear in your experience and take a leap, yes, invest in yourself. I can tell you investing in the right mentor changed my entire life. I’m eternally grateful and you guessed it, I shall always have a mentor.
4. Take risks / Build new habits. Positive thinking is not enough. If you want other results, you have to take different actions. Not just invest money in a mentor, invest yourself, invest your time, your courage, your actions. Take serious your mentor´s advice. Take action. The only way to build new habits is by taking action. Habits are chronic actions. Keep repeating and repeating and repeating (did I say repeating?) actions that expand your comfort zone, expand your spirit and honor your abundance.
5. Celebrate. Let go of words like “amazing”, “miracle”, “incredible”. When you consistently follow the first 4 steps you’ll see your life and business transform before your very eyes. You’ll be tempted to be surprised. Well! Get used to it! You’re now living your lifework! You should celebrate your successes, but don’t label them impossible. Because they are your new normal. Celebrate it all! Celebrate when your results are different from your expectations. Both if they are above or below your expectations. Celebrate the journey! That is your quest!
So, this is the way I keep my smile every single day. I see it. I plan it. I ask for help. I take new risks.I celebrate!
Join me! Let’s enjoy this meaningful quest of entrepreneurship with a smile!