With this IÂ´m kicking off my new project: read and summarize a book a week. As I don’t want to keep the benefit just for myself, I will be sharing all summaries with you. Let me know in the comments below, how you like it. Let me know also what you would actually implement from the ideas in this book. Enjoy!
This a short summary of the book Attracting Perfect Customers: The Power of Strategic Synchronicity by Stacey Hall and Jan Brogniez.
- Perfect customers. They are the ones that fit perfectly with the products, services and philosophy that your company offers. We need to have a clear picture of
- Why they get out of bed in the morning?
- Who is the most important person for them?
- What is the most important for them?
- What do they want to achieve before they leave this world?
- What do they really love about their life?
- Lighthouse. Your perfect customers are looking for you. They are waiting for you. When you move fast and change all the time, they cannot find you. Instead when you slow down and stay centered in your message, you shine bright in the sameness of the market place. You are more attractive when you understand that customers are looking for you. Instead of looking for customers (asking where they are), we should focus on how they can find you faster. Key to attracting perfect customers is to build high quality relationships, so referrals will follow effortlessly.
- Values and Mission. List your top five values: what you need to see in your life. Pick the top three or less. Make a sentence out of it. Thatâ��s your mission. My top values are: courage, authenticity and innovation. So my mission is to ignite and sustain courage and authenticity in service change agents.
- Like attracts like. How do you behave? What do you fear? What do you like? Those are the unconscious messages that you are sending to the world and these are the kind of people that you are attracting. What do you desire in your business? Embody that and appreciate when you find that. Be like in a treasure hunt, day in and day out. The more you do this â��treasure huntâ�� the more youâ��ll find what you are looking for.
- Collaboration, instead of competition. When we think about the concept of perfect customers, the concept of competition vanishes. Because this presupposes a perfect fit, which will just happen between your perfect customers and you. So itâ��s very likely that â��competitorsâ�� are suffering your perfect customers and you are suffering their perfect customers. By engaging with people doing similar job to yours, you could find better ways to serve your perfect customers and better places where your less than perfect customers could be better served. Connect daily with â��competitorsâ��; build a network of support and increase your clarity on your â��perfect customerâ�� definition. â��When we distribute wealth (i.e. opportunities), it always comes back. Giving is receivingâ��.
- Build an atmosphere of achievement. Have a clear vision of what your perfect day looks like; notice during the day how it actually unfolds and be grateful. Say thank you to yourself, to the people that made it happen and to God.
- Habits, habits. Habits. â��Bad Habits are easier to abandon today than tomorrowâ�� Yiddish Proverb
Featured image by Brian Jeffery Beggerly
Create a conscious business offer in just 3 days
June 26-28, 2020, online retreat
At the end of this retreat, you'll have
- 1Massive clarity on your own definition of success: your purpose and vision
- 2Identified your soul tribe. You'll know who you are meant to serve and how!
- 3An irresistible offer for your ideal customers and totally honors your values and mission
- 4Identified the words that connect heart to heart with your ideal customer so that your offer becomes a no-brainer.
June 26-28, 2020
9:00 - 13:00 CET Amsterdam
Attracting Perect Customers sounds like a solid book with good advice. Now that I’ve finally found my strongest talents and focused my business I’m finding the perfect customers as opposed to before when I struggled with “marketing” myself to any and all opportunities.
I like the summary presentation. Videos are great, but if longer than 2-3 minutes I rarely will watch the whole thing. On the other hand I can read for much longer.
I love to read also! Each month I receive or find new books that I review on my blog. There is no shortage of great literature, but in the days of info overload it can be work to find the best books for our individual tastes.
You may enjoy a book called “King Peggy”. It’s a true account of Peggy, a woman living in America with a steady, balanced life when she receives news that she has inherited a crown and become the new king of the town in Africa where she was born. Upon her first visit she finds many problems and while hesitant to get involved becomes a loving agent of change. Despite seemily impossible obstacles and a few scrupulous people, she assists her community to build new wells, schools and roads. I read it years ago and it’s still one of my favorite books. I have many more reviews for you to browse on my blog, http://impoweryou.org/category/books-2/
Thank you for all the great ideas. It’s very valuable to learn your perspectives AND also about your book reviews. Terrific!
Thank you, Leah! and still, happy 2016!