You are meant to have an optimal life, one that's happy, successful, abundant and of great contribution. My mission is to help you achieve that.
Today is my birthday. It's a great to reflect on the blessings and lessons received in the past 365 days. I share them here so that you might be inspired to try out any of these ideas.
- It’s safe to be me. My old practice to buy a brand new outfit (defensive armor) per speaking engagement died this year. Finally I didn’t need to hide behind new clothes. Finally I gave myself permission to enjoy all I have and who I am. I don’t need more clothes, more protection, more security. It’s safe to be me. Being me is enough.
- Less is better. This year have radically let go of a massive number of things. Stuff all around my house was sold, donated or given away. I’ve let go of many activities in my business that I previously thought essential (because a business guru said so). The most important I let go off is the idea that I need stuff. The few things and activities than remain are enjoyed, are productive, produce ease. They are essential.
- Embrace the learning attitude. I’ve let go of the idea of right, of being the expert of knowing how it should be. I embraced learning. I constantly improve everything. I make a learning opportunity of every speech, every email, every coaching session, every fried egg, every walk to school. I finally enjoy my “mistakes”. I finally see them as blessed learning opportunities. Now I’m looking forward to the next “mistake”. I wonder with excitement what good all my mistakes will bring.
- Re-connect with the good in all. As a recovering perfectionist, I was always looking at what was wrong and how to correct it. That created so much pressure on me. How were things supposed to be? What I was supposed to do? Finally I embrace the perfection of it all: my customers, my children, my childhood trauma, my “problems”, my contradictions… I wonder with excitement what good all these imperfections will bring.
- Practical Stoicism. If you have read me for a while, you must know that I’m a stoic groupie. I find many of their ideas profoundly liberating. This year I found two practical stoic actions that have truly changed my life: cold showers and waking up early (really early! I mean 3 am in good days and 5 am in normal days). When you get out of your warm bed into the cold room, you have your very first victory: if you can do this, what else can you do? When you get into the cold shower, you have yet another victory. if you can do this, what else can you do? Besides the fact that a cold shower has a ton of health benefits (Improves circulation, relieves depression, keeps skin and hair healthy, strengthens immunity, increases testosterone, increases fertility, increases energy and well-being), it makes you feel unstoppable. Besides the practical benefits of waking up early (planning your day, appreciating your successes, practice gratitude, etc.), it makes you unstoppable.
- Slavery to Great Habits. These year I finally made a habit of building great habits. Before I would write my journal every so often. Before I would exercise every so often. Now I do these and other great habits every day. There is no exception. Every single day I drink my lemon water and apple cider vinegar. No exception. I have a very simple but very specific morning ritual. That I keep on keeping on. The more I do it, the more I get done in life, the happier I am, the better I serve. Slavery to great habits is not only addictive, it’s the greatest freedom I’ve ever experienced.
- Calmness of being. This very Mexican lady has become much calmer this year. Now I’m able to be in the moment, do what I do and let go of expectations, fears, judgments and just enjoy the moment. This has decreased my stress, increase my productivity and my joy. The thought that calms me down is to see my life in decades. With that broad perspective, there is ease and calmness. I’ve discovered tremendous power in this new emotional stance. Fear, guilt and angst have little to no chance.
Do you want to do something magnificent with your one and precious life?
Now, I would love to hear from you.
I would love to hear your wisdom.
Which of these learning resonate with you?
Which one will you implement today?
Please, share yourwisdom directly in the comments below.
Add as much detail as possible in your reply. Remember, your voice may be of great help to someone else. Your voice might be the one thing that will finally touch the heart of that one person. Please do share your wisdom.
Share your thoughts and ideas directly in the comments. Links to other posts will be deleted as they come across as spam.
Thank you so much for reading, watching, sharing and sharing your insights.
I'm very grateful for your support!
Wishing you a very peaceful, powerful and loving 2017, elite!